We held a special meeting tonight due to the fact that several non-local writers have expressed interest in joining Word Addicts.
Word Addicts was formed in 2015 when Allison Brown asked a few friends to get together and talk about writing. Two years later we released our first anthology, and we continued to meet monthly. We released a second anthology in 2018. In late 2019 and early 2020 we reorganized, took on the name Word Addicts, created a website and blog, began a social media campaign. Until now we've been a local group living within a few miles of each other.
Tonight we held a meeting to address how we might expand as a group. We are excited to expand this way. We want to partner with writers everywhere and learn from them, benefit from their knowledge and talents, and enjoy our mutual support.
What do we currently offer members:
- Opportunities to give and receive feedback on writing.
- Once-monthly video conferences to discuss writing, receive training, etc...
- Opportunities to publish creative writing online, ebook and print, through our website and through our anthology.
- Free advertising for current or future books, through our social media and email campaigns.
- A writer profile on our website that includes links to writer social media pages, websites, Amazon author pages, etc...
- No membership dues or fees for membership.
-We need to solidify roles—positions—as they currently exist, and then plan what other positions we would like to fill. We could use blog content creators, social media help, marketing contest coordinators...
- James, Jenna, Cortney and Allison will work on an organization chart. We'll have this done by the next meeting.
- Cortney and Jenna will look at our options, weigh the pros and cons, and choose the best one.
- Get their email addresses, and we'll include them in the invitations.